Has anyone made something like autocomplete module

Has anyone played with autocomplete if so could you please share a link I could learn from. I’d like to provide autocompletion on custom block nodes, so when user starts typing drop down with matching completions could be provided.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Gozala,

we are doing a Script Editor, based on ProseMirror and we need to implement the same requirement. Did you already manage to do your implementation in some way and so advice us?

Hi @Marijn, do you have an idea, of what would be the best approach, when typing a letter => to get a custom dropdown list of suggestions, so user can select one of them and an “auto-completion” happens? (We were thinking of checking those plug-ins:

https://github.com/johanneswilm/prosemirror-suggestions)

=> is any of the two, the correct way to implement auto-complete, or we should do something completely different?

Greetz, Pavel

For other people looking for this in the future, I have released prosemirror-autocomplete and done a bit of a comparison between prosemirror-suggest, prosemirror-suggestions and prosemirror-mentions. There are a few different tradeoffs depending on:

• if you want to have a social-like editor/UI (similar to twitter) where I think you should choose prosemirror-suggestions (no UI) and prosemirror-mentions (simple UI included); or
  • if you want to have a similar experience to Notion/GoogleDocs/Confluence/VSCode, where you should choose prosemirror-autocomplete.

Hope that helps other people who find this thread!

1 Like