Nodes as more complex Objects?

You can set it to a node to skip through to some inner node, ignoring the outer structure.

The order of nodes in the schema is significant, yes.

It is not clear to me what you’re expecting, but no, groups don’t seem to be relevant here.

If you have a predictable, structured input format, writing your own parser is going to be much more productive than trying to make the parser for arbitrary DOM input do what you want.

ok, I’m just a bit concern about future schema changing and then “old” content getting dumped into wrong elements as my sample shows: the content with the two children does not allow for any P element, but it gets added to the x_child_2… shouldn’t it look at the parent content description to see what is allowed? and maybe also the group? because both “rules” are enforced while editing.

sure, but the idea is to mix yours with my stuff - but i see the main issue is that in my system schema is the ruler where as it in yours/prosemirror is the data - and my gut feeling tells me - that if i do a strict schema parsing i will get to far away from the prosemirror basics, scaffold and community addition etc.

so instead of having an object system with content blocks (mine as is) - the goal was mixing it up totally (content and complex object mixed up in tree) - but I can see now that might be to complex with data being more donimating than schema in prosemirror… might still use it to kick standard html editor(s) and add some of the objects like rows/cell, smart images etc.