ProseMirror on AWS?

Are there any issues with using Prosemirror on AWS (using DynamoDB ?) or is this commonplace?

I am guessing you are talking about the collab aspect. First, I would recommend reading about how collaboration is implemented in Prosemirror to fully understand the persistence aspect.

Coming back to your original question, dynamoDB is merely a persistence layer i.e how will your authority store the data. It can be a simple file, dynamoDB or any other database.

If you are asking about the distributed aspect of collaboration, as far as I understand it, there can only be one central authority which your clients communicate to. I hope this answer points you into the right direction.

If you are asking about the distributed aspect of collaboration, as far as I understand it, there can only be one central authority which your clients communicate to. I hope this answer points you into the right direction.

There is no reason other than complexity, that version control across multiple versions is possible, right? It just won’t be using prosemirror-collab official library (which is a central authority impl.) These are, after all, data structures than can be compared / diffed and merged (either automatically or with user input)

I believe Y-JS library supports this use case? (and perhaps others)

Note: Last I checked months, some features of prosemirror, including aspect of the decoration implementation (?), might not be currently supported.