The Future of @nytimes/react-prosemirror

Howdy! In case anyone in this thread is interested, I’ve published a new version of @nytimes/react-prosemirror under the next tag (version 0.5.0-next.2). It’s changed quite a lot since we started this thread back in September! I think we’ve made a lot of progress, and I’d absolutely love it if folks had time to test it out and report any issues they find! You can install with npm install @nytimes/react-prosemirror@next or yarn add @nytimes/react-prosemirror@next.

An important note: the public API has slightly changed, so take a look at the new docs before you try to install: @nytimes/react-prosemirror - npm.

Also of note: non-React-based widget decorations are not yet supported, but they’re on my list to tackle now that I have compositions working!

2 Likes

I’ve been using the next branch and it’s been working pretty well. Thank you.

I am running into some issues using an off the shelf auto complete plugin (editor/packages/prosemirror-autocomplete at main · curvenote/editor · GitHub).

Do you have any suggestions for wiring up a InputRule → decorate search text → render react dropdown menu? Basically, a user types : and a list of emojies pops up, something like that.

Thanks!

Glad to hear the new branch is working well for you!

Widget support is probably the part of the new code that needs the most attention right now. If you wouldn’t mind, please open an issue on the repository at GitHub - nytimes/react-prosemirror: A fully featured library for safely integrating ProseMirror and React. Join us on Gitter at #nytimes_react-prosemirror:gitter.im!. That’s the best place for us to debug and respond to issues like this.