ProseMirror jobs - best way to look for opportunities

I have quite extensive experience with ProseMirror (and others editors too). I can see that there is a quite high demand for related experience, but job offers hardly mention such technologies. I would like to make the most of my experience.

Do you know any another ways for opportunity hunting apart from the forum of relevant editor, where ther’s ususally not so much offers?

Maybe creating a dedicated job board for devs who knows text editors? As we know this is quite complex field and obvioulsy quite common requirement.

Agreed. I’m actually interested in hiring a contractor, but it’s been hard because ProseMirror is complex enough that I’d prefer to hire someone with existing experience with it…

We added a jobs section on the tiptap docs (200,000 page views/month) and I asked many teams if they have jobs I can list there. I have a few ideas to make that a bigger thing, but feedback was … not really existent. Probably because I talk to the CTOs, the engineering managers, the engineers, but not HR peeps.

So great idea, but I struggle to make that a reality. But to both of you (and everyone who reads it): I’m happy to list jobs and candidates there, even if it’s not tiptap related. If you’re up: humans@tiptap.dev.

1 Like

Agreed that it’s hard to find someone who knows ProseMirror concepts out of the gate. We use ProseMirror extensively at Story.ai, but we’ve primarily found ourselves having to simultaneously train engineers to use ProseMirror and to use it in the way we’re using it.

I can imagine as we grow, it would be very nice to maybe have a jobs thread here on the discussion board here–perhaps monthly…

Same issue here. Prosemirror being quite niche makes it hard to connect with the right people…

PS: In case anybody is interested, we’re currently looking for Prosemirror devs as well (here details).

This is super helpful, Hans! :clap:

I actually did reach out 2 weeks ago to humans@tiptap.dev - but haven’t heard back since. Would you mind having a look if my email might got lost (subject: “Job board” sent on “Fri, 26 Nov, 14:55:23 +0100”)? Thanks!

Oh, this message got lost somewhere, I can’t see it in my inbox. Would you mind to try again? humans@tiptap.dev or on Twitter https://twitter.com/hanspagel. I’d add it, but the link above is broken.

Thanks a lot, Hans. I just resent the email. Best, Ronny

1 Like

Hi Turing. We’re a news startup looking for developers with expertise in ProseMirror, TipTap and React. Would you be interested in discussing about it? Best, Andrei

Hey, I created a job boards for that specific purpose, feel free to post you opportunities there! https://rich-text-js-jobs.com

Hello Turing,

Did you change the job board url ? It seems to be offline. I am interested by your initiative and I am looking for developers with expertise in ProseMirror, TipTap and React.

Best regards, Julien