Target inside iframe and menu in iframe parent

Hi there, I am new to ProseMirror. I have sucessfully setup the example and it works great. I wish to switch out the editor in our app with ProseMirror. As such it needs to do the following:

1. Editable content is inside an iframe for several reasons and cannot be changed.
  2. Menu bar should be rendered into a designated div in the main document (parent to iframe)

Sort of figured out how to create a custom menu bar and render it into a specified div but I am not able to initialize the editor with the content nodes inside the iframe. If anybody could point me into the right direction, I would really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Take a look at how the basic example initializes its document—it runs a DOM parser over the content of a DOM node. You’d do something like that with the content of the frame, and then hide it and replace it with the editor view.

Thank you for getting back to me. Yes, I have a working example where when the menu bar container and content are in the same document everything seems to be working fine. I need the editor view to render inside an iframe. Is that possible?

Yes, that should work (though, generally, trying it out would probably take less time than asking here).